Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are an agreement between only the consumer and their duly authorized agents, (hereinafter referred to as “Consumer”) and Austin Car Transport. These Terms and Conditions should be incorporated by reference into and made part of any and all orders submitted to Austin Car Transport by the owner(s) or agent(s) designated in the Order Form.
Austin Car Transport is a fully licensed and bonded Transport Management Company registered with the USDOT. Therefore, the Consumer agrees and understands that Austin Car Transport is a registered transportation and property broker. It is only acting in the capacity of a broker. Thus, the Consumer allows Austin Car Transport to contract with other licensed and insured Motor Carrier(s), (henceforth referred to as “Carrier”). These Carriers will then transport the vehicle(s) defined within the shipping order.
By partaking in a transaction with Austin Car Transport, the Consumer understands and agrees to the following terms. In addition, the Consumer waives any claims based on not reading or understanding these terms and conditions. The consumer will not hold Austin Car Transport responsible for any costs or fees that arise due to not reading, understanding, or having knowledge of the contract terms for Austin Car Transport laid out below.
1. The Consumer has the option to cancel a transportation order with Austin Car Transport at any time with NO CANCELLATION FEE.
2. However, if the Consumer chooses to cancel their order, they must contact their representative or another member of Austin Car Transport right away.
3. In addition, the Consumer agrees that Austin Car Transport has the right to reject or cancel any order. Austin Car Transport may cancel an order at any time, for any reason.
Point of Origin and Destination
4. The Consumer acknowledges and agrees that Austin Car Transport is authorized to arrange transportation from the point of origin to the point of destination as specified in the Carrier Order Form.
5. In addition, the Carrier, which will be assigned by Austin Car Transport, is approved to transport the Consumer’s motor vehicle(s) from the locations designated for pickup and drop off. These locations shall be determined within the shipping order and Bill of Lading.
6. Then, the designated Carrier will pick up and deliver the Consumer’s vehicle(s) as close to the Consumer’s requested locations as possible. This shall be done at the Carrier’s discretion according to safety concerns and legalities. If necessary, due to any unsafe conditions (ex. low hanging trees, narrow streets, hanging wires, etc.) or legal concerns (ex. restricted areas, etc.), then a new location will be agreed upon with the Consumer and Carrier.
7. Delays can occur prior to and/or during shipment due to any unforeseen conditions. This may include weather issues, road conditions, mechanical problems, etc. For this reason, there are absolutely no guarantees for pickup or delivery times and dates. Austin Car Transport will provide the Consumer with an estimated, but not officially guaranteed, date for delivery and pickup.
8. Austin Car Transport will not be held responsible for any costs of damages or losses that occur due to delays of any kind (i.e. Consumer’s car rental fees or any accommodation fees). In addition, Austin Car Transport cannot be held liable for the failure of mechanical or operating parts of the Consumer’s vehicle.
9. The Consumer is responsible for preparing their vehicle(s) for transportation. In order to do this, the Consumer must remove and/or secure any loose parts (ex. any low hanging spoilers, fragile accessories, etc.) In addition, the Consumer must take off any outside mounted storage or racks. Basically, any items that are not permanently attached to the vehicle should be removed before the transport. The Consumer also must disable any alarm system installed in the vehicle. If they do not, they must then provide instructions for the Carrier to do it. If they do not provide the Carrier with keys or instructions to turn off the alarm and the alarm sounds along the transport, the Carrier is authorized to silence the alarm by any means.
10. Unless otherwise noted within the order, the Consumer must present all vehicles to the Carrier in good running condition. In addition, if any part of the vehicle falls off during the transport, it is the responsibility of the Consumer, not the Carrier. In addition, this includes any damages resulting from those parts to any vehicles(s) and/or person involved.
12. If the vehicle detailed on the shipping order is inoperable or oversized (ex. dual or oversized wheels, lifted, racks, extra-large, limo, etc.), the Consumer must notify Austin Car Transport and inquire about
Personal Possessions Transport
13. The Consumer may place personal possessions inside the vehicle to be shipped along with the vehicle. Generally, if the luggage or possessions exceed 100 pounds, the Consumer should discuss the matter directly with the Carrier. However, both the Carrier and Austin Car Transport are not liable for any personal possessions left within the vehicle. In addition, neither are liable for any damages caused to the
14. The Carrier will never ship or agree to ship any dangerous or harmful personal possessions in the Consumer’s vehicle(s). This includes, but is not limited to explosives, firearms, ammunition, flammable materials, negotiable or legal papers, narcotics, alcoholic beverages, jewelry, money, live pets, furs, live plants, etc. Essentially, no items will be transported that are considered illegal or dangerous. And, the Consumer agrees that Austin Car Transport or the Carrier is authorized to remove and/or dispose of said dangerous items. If this occurs, no compensation will be given to the Consumer.
15. In addition, both the Carrier and Austin Car Transport will not be held responsible for delivery of any personal possessions. If the Consumer wants to leave anything in the vehicle, it is at the Consumer’s own risk.
Claims and Damages
16. Both the Consumer and the Carrier must thoroughly inspect the vehicle for any pre-existing damages (to the exterior only) at the time of the pickup. Then, they should complete a vehicle inspection report. This report is then recorded on the Bill of Lading. Both the Carrier and Consumer must acknowledge and agree upon the condition of the vehicle at this time. Then, the Consumer must sign the Bill of Lading. They should receive a copy after it is signed.
17. Then, at the time the vehicle is delivered, the Consumer, with the Carrier present, should thoroughly inspect the vehicle again, looking for any damages that occurred during the transportation process. Then, the Carrier and Consumer must both acknowledge and agree on the current condition of the vehicle. After, the Consumer will sign and receive a final copy of the Bill of Lading.
18. If there are any damages, they must be written on the Bill of Lading in the designated place. Then, the Consumer must sign the Bill of Lading. If the Consumer signs both the Bill of Lading and the inspection report without noting any damages, that means that the Consumer has agreed and verified that they received the vehicle in an acceptable condition. This also verifies that the Carrier no longer is responsible or liable for anything involving the Consumer’s vehicle.
19. All responsibility is given to the Carrier after signing the Bill of Lading. The Carrier is required by law to carry a Cargo and Liability Insurance policy. All insurance claims must be submitted in writing within 24 hours of the delivery of the vehicle(s). Austin Car Transport will provide the details of the Carrier’s insurance policy to the Consumer upon request. However, the Consumer agrees that Austin Car Transport is not responsible for any property damage claims to the Consumer’s vehicle. The liabilities fall upon the Carrier and the Carrier’s insurance. However, Austin Car Transport nor the Carrier will be held responsible for damage caused by force majeure (i.e. damage from storms) or any damages that occur due to worn/broken parts of the
20. In addition, the Consumer also agrees and understands that Austin Car Transport is only responsible for acquiring a Carrier for the shipment of the Consumer’s vehicle/property. Thus, it is the Carrier that accepts all responsibility of the vehicle after the first inspection is completed and the Consumer signs the Bill of Lading. After the vehicle is delivered, the final inspection is completed, and the Consumer signs the Bill of Lading, the Carrier is no longer responsible.
21. If the Consumer is unavailable to be present at the point of pickup or delivery for any reason, they must elect another person to act as their agent. Even when designating an agent, the Consumer understands that all the same terms and conditions apply.
22. Once Austin Car Transport has selected, assigned, and dispatched a Carrier for the Consumer’s shipping order, Austin Car Transport will notify the Consumer based on the contact information given during the booking process. For all orders placed through Austin Car Transport, a small portion of the payment is required upon pickup of the vehicle.
23. This nonrefundable deposit is calculated according to factors of the shipment. This includes variable such as the type and condition of the vehicle; the type of shipment requested; and the distance of the shipment (according to the pickup and drop off locations).
24. Austin Car Transport’s services are considered rendered once a Carrier is assigned to
25. The Consumer is responsible for providing the full payment owed when the Carrier delivers the vehicle. At that time, all payments to the Carrier must be made. These payments can be made in the form of cash, cashier’s check or money order. Before the delivery, business checks, credit or debit card payments should be discussed and agreed upon between the Consumer and the Carrier. It is also important to note that funds must be made payable to the delivering Carrier and not to Austin Car Transport.
26. If the Consumer is unable to make the payment by these means, the Consumer understands that the vehicle will then be stored, at Consumer’s expense. The vehicle will be held until the Consumer pays all transport charges in full. In addition, if the Consumer (or the Consumer’s selected agent) is unable to accept the delivery for any reason, the vehicle will also be stored. Then, any storage and/or re-delivery charges will be the responsibility of the Consumer.
27. In addition, the Consumer agrees to pay the full price of the shipment that is owed to Austin Car Transport or the Carrier in full. This means that the Consumer agrees to not attempt to dispute the payment for any reason (such as damage claims, delays, or other unforeseen circumstances). If there are any of these issues, the Consumer must note them on the Bill of Lading. After that, the Consumer should file a claim with the Carrier’s insurance. This is considered a separate matter than the payment for
28. According to this agreement, Austin Car Transport is relieved from any and all actual or alleged causes of action, loss, liability, claims, demands, injuries, and/or damages (to persons or property). Austin Car Transport is not responsible regardless if these are brought and imposed by a court of law or by the administrative action of any federal, state, or local agency, as a result of any acts, negligence, omissions, or willful misconduct of Austin Car Transport or the Carrier (or any personnel, agents, or connected parties). This includes, without limitation, the payment of any penalties, fines, attorney’s fees, or other related expenses, in addition to any reimbursements to the Company for all legal expenses and costs incurred by it.
29. Any shipment booked by the Consumer through Austin Car Transport is subject to these Terms and Conditions, as well as to the terms specified in the Bill of Lading. Consumers can receive copies of these documents upon request.
30. In addition, these terms shall override all previous written or oral communication between Austin Car Transport and the Consumer. Once a Consumer books the services of Austin Car Transport, they have agreed to all of the above terms. The Consumer warrants that they have read this agreement in its entirety and accepts the terms.